We do non-structural installations as a service to our clients on request. If you have a large or a structural installation you need to involve your builder before you place your order.
NOTES FOR INSTALLATION
1. All joinery, including the top and the bottom rails (end grain) and all cut outs for locks, hinges etc must be sealed with an approved sealant or primer within 24 hours of delivery to site. Any warping or shrinkage due to ineffective sealing will not be covered by Oakridge Windows and Doors warranty.
2. A warp not exceeding 3/16″ on doors up to 36″ x 84 ” -1 3/4″ or 5/16″ on doors over 36″ x 84″ -1 3/4″ and up to 48″ x 96″ – 1 3/4″ will not be considered a defect.
3. All joinery should be stored flat, away from direct sunlight and out of the weather at all times. Joinery must also be stored away from wet trades (eg mortar /render), which can irreparably stain the timber.
4. It is the responsibility of the installer to ensure that the frame is plumb and level when fitted and that the factory clearances are maintained. The frame must be positioned so that it is square and free of twists to allow the joinery to operate correctly.
5. All joinery must be fitted in accordance with the relevant Canadian Standards including flashing as required.
6. Doors and windows must be hung with the glazing bead to the interior.
7. All exterior wood doors should be hung with a minimum of 3 -4″x 4″ butt hinges.
8. When hanging joinery clearance for 3-4 coats of paint must be allowed in order to eliminate any binding.
9. Items prehung in factory may require some final adjustment on site after installation. This is the responsibility of the purchaser.
10. Do not paint solid wood exterior doors with dark colours, as direct sunlight will cause severe damage to the wood underneath and twisting of the joinery.
For more information click here to view the PDF BC Housing information booklet on installation and replacement.